I am writing to you with reference to the ticket bought online, through the portal http://www.madrasevents.in, for the New Year’s Event “Fantasia 2014″, which was scheduled to be held on the 31st of December 2013 at VGP – Aqua Kingdom, ECR, Injambakkam, Chennai 600115.
The aforesaid Couple ticket bearing Ticket Number: EVE34271237, was bought by paying an amount of Rs.3015, online using Credit Card payment at 8:30 PM on 31st December. Please find below the email confirmation of the payment from Madras Events.
At the venue entrance, we exchanged the aforesaid eticket for the Entry Ticket bearing Number: C000720. The same is attached herewith for your reference “Fantasia – New Years party ticket.pdf”.
However, once we entered the venue at 9:30 PM, we were surprised to see that there was mayhem, chaos and confusion all over. The food and drinks were over long back and people were waiting in long queues for the buffet and drinks. When the food was not replenished, the crowd lost its patence and went on a rampage, smashing whatever they could get hold of. The crowd then went on stage and started arguing with the organisers and the stage artists, after which the stage events stopped. Chairs were being broken, light fitting on lamp posts and halogen lamps were being smashed all over.
Considering that the situation had gone out of hand, people started running out from the venue. Fearing my and my family’s safetly, we decided to leave the venue immediately at around 10:30 PM.
The event was totally mismanaged by the organiser who did not seem adept at hosting such events. The organisers had no control on the number of tickets issued and did not take into consideration the space constraints of the venue and crossly miscalculated the requirements of food and breverages for the audience. When the organisers were getting a sense that things were getting out of control, they should have stopped issuing more tickets.
1. Inspite of having valid tickets, we were prevented from enjoying ANY benefits thereof. Neither did we get food at the venue, not any breverages, nor any of the benefits mentioned on the back side of the Entry Ticket.
2. The safety of me and my family, including my kids was put to grave danger because of the mismanagement on the part of the organisers.
3. Our New Year’s celebrations were shattered and left us traumatised and horrified.
4. We had to travel all the way from Velachery to the Venue and back, which is a loss to us in terms of both time and money.
5. We had to forgo any plans we had of a new year party bash.
6. We had to make alternate arrangement for food at the 11th hour.
Given the above facts, we hereby demand a full refund of the ticket amount paid to you and a compensation of Rs.5000/- towards the deep inconvenience caused to us by your acts as highlighted above.
The unused ticked is attached herewith for your kind reference.